Story Time Schedule
Benton - Thursdays @ 2:00 pm
Coleville - Tuesdays @ 4:00 pm, Toddler Story Time AND Thursdays @ 4:00 pm, Afterschool Story Time, grades K-1
Mammoth Lakes - Wednesdays @ 10:30 am, all ages
Through storytimes, we hope to:
- Share the best of children's literature and illustrations
- Introduce the library and its services to children and families
- Encourage children to become lifelong readers
- Provide children with group activities and experiences
- Promote language development and provide verbal learning experiences
- Promote reading aloud at home by parents and caregivers
Guidelines for Parents
In order to make Storytime a happy, learning time for all, we encourage parents to use this opportunity to teach children listening and cooperative skills.
- Arrive on Time
- Discuss Proper Behavior
- Be attentive and participate in the program; help your child get the most from the sessions. Visit with friends after storytime is over.
- We do not expect silent, rapt attention, however, if your child wanders or becomes too restless, please leave the room with him/her so that others can enjoy the stories. Remind your children to use their inside, library voices after the program.
- Please teach your child that books are to be valued and treated with respect.
- Share books!
- After storytime, be an active listener as your child shares the stories and activities they heard in storytime. If your child is particularly interested in a book that was read at storytime, we suggest you check it out to read at home.
Institutional and home-based day care providers are welcome to involve their children in storytimes! The Mammoth Lakes Library would be happy to arrange Special Storytimes, at 10 am on Wednesdays, to accommodate larger (15+) groups of children. Please provide at least two weeks notice for this service. If you would like to request storytime visits to your daycare or preschool, please contact Raising A Reader coordinator Kacee Mahler at 760 934-4777.